Greetings in the Name of Jesus Christ.
As we begin the second month of living in these abnormal times, Mount Oak Fellowship is committed to helping you continue to practice your Christian walk by participating in weekly worship. For most people this involves watching our services on our Facebook page (Mount Oak Fellowship) or via our YouTube channel (Mount Oak) or through following links on our website (mtoak.org).
That said, for many of us, the act of physically gathering for worship whenever possible and wise is still a critical part of our life and witness. For this reason, and in keeping with directions given by Gov. Larry Hogan and the U.S. Department of Justice, Mount Oak Fellowship will be offering brief, drive in worship services on Sunday mornings at 9:30 am in the lower church parking area.
Should you wish to participate we ask you to follow these directives:
- Tune your radio to FM 90.7 in order to follow the service. (We ask that you show grace to us as we learn best how to use very basic technology to its fullest capacity. We hope to get a little better at this as the weeks go by.)
- When you arrive you will be directed where to park. To ensure maximum safety and compliance with government directives we will be parking cars so that passengers are 6 feet away from one another. In addition to that it is necessary that you remain in your vehicles while on Mount Oak property and keep your windows rolled up. (As Christians we believe that it is important that we try to follow Jesus’ teaching that we “give to Caesar what is due to Caesar”. This means that as part of our faith we are asking you to follow the governor’s directives for drive-in services.)
- Please bring one car per household
- Please do not carpool with people from outside your household. We are following social distancing protocol.
- In keeping with directives from Gov. Hogan, we will not be receiving an offering during the service (for those who want to give you may mail a check or click “GIVE” on this website). We also will not be passing out programs. You can however print out a document with the order of service and words to the songs we will sing. It may be found at https://mtoak.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/200531-Live.pdf
- Finally, when the service is over you will be directed as to how to leave the parking area so as to avoid any parking-lot accidents.
In closing, we know that these services will not minister to everyone and that the sermons and songs will sound clearer if you watch them at home using your own computer. That said, it seems “good to the Holy Spirit and to us” (Acts 15:28) that we offer these services, not as an obligation, but as an opportunity to affirm our faith and witness.
Mount Oak Fellowship of the UMC