Dear Mount Oak Family,
The “Reopening Well Task-Force” met on Thursday, June 10th at 7:00 pm. At that meeting the following decisions were reached.
- The Taskforce unanimously agreed that the 9:00 am service may return to the sanctuary as soon as they are ready. There will be a brief meeting immediately after the 9:00 am service to discuss when that change will be made.
- The Taskforce unanimously agreed that the 11:00 am service may return to the Fellowship Hall as soon as they are ready. There will be a brief meeting immediately after the 11:00 am service to discuss when that change will be made. In addition to that, Pastor Barnes will listen to thoughts about the possibility of starting the service at an earlier time.
- It was decided that small groups may return to meeting indoors. Gale TeSelle, Kevin Kauffman, Molly Holloway and Pastor Barnes will be creating guidelines for groups to follow.
- It was agreed that Kevin Kauffman, and Pastor Keith and Shirletta Butler create a similar plan for how children and youth will meet. Asheley Clark and Jennifer Boring will also be consulted. If you would like to have your input added please contact the church office.
- It should be noted that although we hope that progress against the virus will continue, that it is possible that conditions may change, for either the better or the worse, in the fall. We must all continue to be both committed and flexible in the practice of our faith. Change will come. We are just not sure what that change will be.
- Finally, the information below is a record of the progress that our Trustees have made in safeguarding our building.
- We have purchased a hand-held electrostatic sprayer to quickly sanitize rooms and high touch areas.
- We reviewed all ventilation systems and installed UV light filtration in 9 of the 11 Air Handlers. They have been installed in the Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, Upper Room, Kitchen and Office systems. We are in the process of getting a UV light filtration system to install in the air conditioning system for the upstairs educational rooms.
- We are evaluating different options for the basement Sunday School wing. The Kingdom Kids’ air conditioning system cannot work with a UV Light filtration kit. However, there are two or three different UV light filtration systems that can be utilized outside of the A/C system. We are looking into what would best serve the rooms. Our hope is that by September all the rooms in the building will be filtered.
May God bless you, and please keep the church in your prayers.
Mount Oak Fellowship of the UMC